Wednesday 22 January 2014

Books to movies coming out this year

 Okay so today I am making this post to share all the book to film adaptations that are coming out this year that I am looking forward to. Comment below and tell me which film you are most looking forward to :)

Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters

Release Date:  Thursday 13th March (NZ)

Studio: The Weinstein Company

Director: Mark Waters

Screenwriter: Daniel Waters

Staring: Zoey deutch, Lucy Fry, Danila Kovlovsky, Gabriel Byrne, Sarah Hyland, Joely Richardson, Cameron Monaghan, Sammi Gayle, Claire Foy, Ashley  Charles

Genre: Action, Romance Thriller

Adapted From: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Synopsis: Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human/vampire, guardians of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discretely within our world. Her legacy is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi. This is her story.  (source: IMDb)

Oh my goodness! I can not describe how excited I am for this film. The novel Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead was what got me into my obsession with reading so its only right that I be excited for this.
I have watched this trailer a dozen times and I really do like it. It kind of gives off a mean girls vibe, but not to the extent that it's too much.

 A lot of people when they first saw the poster there was a lot of mixed opinions. Some fans thought it looked a bit childish or that they picked out really bad colours etc. Others loved it because it had a mean girls effect. In all honesty I don't mind it, I think its good that they didn't use a colour like red because you see that in most vampire films and it gives Vampire Academy a different look to other films which makes it unique.


Divergent

Release Date: Thursday 20th March

Studio: Summit Entertainment (lionsgate)

Director: Neil Burger

Screenwriter: Vanessa Taylor, Evan Daugherty

Staring: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Ray Stevenson, Mekhi Phifer, Maggie Q, Jai Courtney, Miles teller, Zoë Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Ben Lamb , Christian Madsen, Amy Newbold, Ashley Judd, Tony Goldwyn

Genre: Drama, Dystopian

Adapted From: Divergent By Veronica Roth

Synopsis: In a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities, Tris Prior is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it’s too late. (source: comingsoon.net)

I own this complete trilogy and it is one of my favourite dystopia's. I think I read Divergent at the start of 2013 and once I found out that it was being made into a movie I was even more excited.
From what I have seen in the trailer it's almost as if the images have been pulled from my head.
Shailene Woodley who plays Tris is not quite how I imagined her to be but I am getting used to the idea of her playing Tris.

 March 20th cannot come soon enough!

The Maze Runner
Release Date: Friday 19th September

Studio:
20th Century Fox

Director: Wes Ball

Screenwriter: James Dashner, Grant Pierce Myers, T.S. Nowlin and Noah Oppenheim

Starring: Dylan O'Brien, Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Ki Hong Lee, Patricia Clarkson

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, Dystopian

Adapted From: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Synopsis: The film is about a boy called Thomas (played by Dylan O'Brien, he wakes up without his memory, only knowing his first name. Thomas is not alone, there are kids who are also in the same situation and have been in the "lift". They all welcome him to the Glade. Nobody knows how or why they were sent here the only thing they know is that they are surrounded by a maze which the doors open to every morning and close at night.
Every month a new boy is sent into the Glade through the lift. They knew that Thomas was coming but what they didn't know was that the next day a girl (the first girl ever) would enter the glade, not only that but she would deliver a message. Thomas struggles to find the answers that his mind will not seek.

I have only just started to read the novel but I am enjoying it and I am looking forward to this. My sister actually recommended me this books so I'm glad that she did. I don't know if any of you guys watch Teen Wolf but Dylan O'Brien is in it and I love him haha which makes this film so much better. There is no trailer yet but I cannot wait until it comes out. Also I am not quite sure if that is the movie poster or not so sorry about that.


The Fault In Our Stars

 Release Date: Friday 6th June

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Director: Josh Boone

Screenwriter: Scott Neustardter

Staring: Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Willem Dafoe, Nat Wolff, Laura Dern, Sam Trammel, Mike Birbiglia, Emily Peachey

Genre: Drama

Adapted From: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Synopsis:
Hazel and Gus are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them - and us - on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. (Source: Wikipedia)

I have yet to read the novel but I have  heard such great things about it. I will definitely read it next month. There is no trailer yet so I'm not sure how it is going to look yet but from people's reaction I take that it is going to be a good one.


Mockingjay Part 1


Release Date: Friday 21st November

Studio: Lionsgate

Director: Francis Lawrence

Screenwriter:
Danny Strong

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland, Julianne Moore, Natalie Dormer, Stef Dawson, Evan Ross, Lily Rabe, Patina Miller, Wes Chatham, Elden Henson, Robert Knepper

Genre:
Action, Drama, Sci-Fi, Dystopian

Adapted From: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Synopsis: In Mockingjay part 1 we follow heroine Katniss Everdeen's journey as she leads the districts of Panem in a rebellion against the tyrannical and corrupt Capitol. As the war that will determine the fate of Panem escalates, Katniss must decipher for herself who she can trust and what needs to be done, with everything she cares for in the balance. (source: Comingsoon.net)

 So if you don't know what even The Hunger Games is, where have you been? Go and pick that book up haha. I am a huge fan of the Hunger Games, obviously and I cannot wait to see this instalment. The reason I have out that picture of a fan made movie poster is because there is no poster at the moment. I can't wait to see the trailer, catching fire was so good, I think even better than the first film so I can't wait to see what they do with this one.


Hope you enjoyed this post. What film are you most looking forwards to?
 Happy reading everyone :) x
jordypaigebooks

Review Coming Soon...
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back! Have a fabulous day! :)