Sunday 19 January 2014

January TBR

Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all have a fabulous day. So today I have decided to share with you all the 2 books I am going to be reading this month (well what is left of it haha).

 The books I am going to be reading include:

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Synopsis:When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he's not alone. When the lift's doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade-a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don't know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they've closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up-the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind. (source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6186357-the-maze-runner?ac=1 )


I am quite excited to start this, I bought it a few days ago because I have  heard such great things about it and all the reviews on goodreads seem to be pretty positive so I thought I'd pick it up and give it a try. There is also the movie coming out in September, so I wanted to read this before that came out. I love the cover art, and the synopsis seems very interesting. I really enjoy dystopian novels so I hope that this is just as good as books like The Hunger Games and Divergent series.
 Stay tuned for my review.


             
Phoenix (Black City #2) by Elizabeth Richards

Synopsis:Ash and Natalie are just starting to build a life together when things in the United Sentry States go from bad to worse. Ash and Natalie find themselves at the center of turmoil when dictator Purian Rose threatens Natalie’s life unless Ash votes in favor of Rose’s Law—a law that will send Darklings and other dissenters to a deadly concentration camp known as the Tenth.

When Ash can’t bring himself to trade Natalie’s life for those of millions of Darklings, her fate is sealed. Enter Elijah Theroux, the handsome Bastet boy Natalie once saved from her mother’s labs, where he’d been experimented on and tortured. It was his venom the Sentry used to create the lethal Golden Haze, the heart of the government conspiracy that led to Black City’s uprising and Ash’s rebirth as the Phoenix, the face of the rebellion. Elijah is back and Ash doesn’t like him; it’s clear he’s taken with Natalie, and Ash fears she may have feelings for him as well.

But Elijah also may have the answer to taking down Purian Rose for good—a powerful weapon called the Ora. Ash, Natalie and Elijah just have to escape Black City undetected to find it. But fleeing the city and finding this weapon (if it even exists) are easier said than done, and the quest could tear Ash and Natalie apart, even pushing them into the arms of others.

This enthralling sequel to Black City is just as absorbing, delicious and steamy as the first book, leaving readers hungry for the series conclusion.



I read Black city about a two months ago, I thought it was pretty good so I've decided to download Phoenix and pick up where the story left off.
I would recommend Black City to those of you who like vampire novels, its nothing like Twilight or Vampire Academy so it has a very different vibe to it. I'm not one to read a lot of vampire novels but there are a few that I like, and Black City was one I didn't mind.
There were some parts of it that I didn't like too much but I've decided to give it a second chance. Review to come soon.
                               

So those are the books I will be reading for the rest of the month.  Stay tuned for my reviews and happy reading :) x
jordypaigebooks

Review coming soon...
 The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Phoenix by Elizabeth Richards

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back! Have a fabulous day! :)