Thursday 2 June 2016

Alive by Scott Sigler

Title: Alive (The Generations trilogy #1) 

Author: Scott Sigler

Genre: Sci-Fi

Pages: 345

Publisher: Del Rey

Date Released: July 14th 2015

Format: Hardback

Synopsis: 
A young woman awakes trapped in an enclosed space. She has no idea who she is or how she got there. With only her instincts to guide her, she escapes her own confinement—and finds she’s not alone. She frees the others in the room and leads them into a corridor filled with the remains of a war long past. The farther these survivors travel, the worse are the horrors they confront. And as they slowly come to understand what this prison is, they realize that the worst and strangest possibilities they could have imagined don’t even come close to the truth. (Goodreads Synopsis)


Review: This books intrigued me from the start. The thought of being trapped in a coffin and coming out into the unknown, not even know your own name left me wanting to know more. Like does that not sound intense! I wasn't to sure as to what I was getting into reading this book but oh am I happy that I picked it up. The character development is brilliant. A lot of the characters especially the main character really grows. Now I don't want to say to much in this review because I do not want to spoil anything and this is definitely a book that you should go into not knowing a lot because boy are you in for a ride.  Even if you're not much of a sci-di  fanatic I still believe you would benefit from this book and i can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Sigler takes you on many twists and turns (pun intended) that will having you wide eyed and gasping wondering how you didn't see that coming. 

Overall: This is a book that will get you out of that reading slump you're in. If you're looking for something new and exciting then this is the books for you. I love how fresh the material is. I've read nothing like it and that is one thing that I always hope for in a book. Something that I don't feel like I have read before. I highly recommend this one! 

Cover art: 4
Plot: 5
Characters:4
Writing:4 1/2
Level of interest:5
Total rating:5

Happy Reading Everyone!! :D
- Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back! Have a fabulous day! :)