Ok so I was a bit bored today and decided to do a tag, I have not been tagged in this but I thought it would be fun to do. Feel free to do this as well and put a link in the comments for me to check out :)
This tag was created by Thebookjazz and if you want to check out her video you can see that here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAYilMkLfY and this is where I found the tag: http://acbookjunkies.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/book-tag.html
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I mostly read in my room, on my bed. I just find it most comfortable, but I don't mind reading anywhere as long as it is quiet & cosy :)
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?Hmmm, I think it really depends what I have on me, if I have a bookmark or a piece of paper lying around I will use that, otherwise I just leave the book open on my bookshelf :)
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?Yeah I would say I usually do unless something is really intense or I am really enjoying it I will finish the chapter, or just pull an all nighter haha.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?Depends, sometimes I will drink tea or have some chocolate or candy of some sort. Obviously I do not do this all the time because that would not be good for my health eating sugar every time I read which is a lot. haha.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?To be honest I usually prefer it to be quiet, if there is noise I find that I end up re-reading parts over and over and cannot concentrate properly.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
I prefer to read one book at a time, anymore and I usually just abandon one book for the other and forget about it :/
7. Reading at home or everywhere?I don't have to be at home to read, so I don't mind going somewhere like a library to read because it is quiet. I do have to say the I prefer reading at home because there's just something about it that makes it the best place to read.
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?Definitely in my head :)
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?Not usually, if the book is not holding my interest very much I might skim read a little bit or if there is a books where I really want it to get to the point.
e.g. I just recently read Just One Year by Gayle Forman, It's supposed to be the "sequel" to Just One Day instead it is a companion novel. It kind of annoyed me, I'm not saying that it was bad though, If I knew it was a companion novel I probably would have taken my time and enjoyed it more instead of wondering when I would get to where the left off (which was not until the very last 5 pages!!!!). Ok rant over haha.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?I usually try to keep it like new, obviously you can't help if your books start to age but I try to keep them in the best condition possible.
11. Do you write in your books?The only book I have ever written is my book that I bought for school (The Road by Cormac McCarthy which was really good by the way) . This was because it is so much easier to find notes and quotes for exams. Other than that I do not write in my books, I have a notebook for any notes that I want to make :)
12. Who do you tag?Ok so I don't actually have anyone to tag so anyone who wants to do it go for it :)
Happy Reading Everyone :) x
Review coming soon...
The Maze Runner by James Dashner