Wednesday 23 April 2014

To All The Boys I've Loved Before Review

 Title: To all the boys I've loved before

Author: Jenny Han

Pages: 288

Genre: Contemporary romance, young adult

Date Published: April 15th 2014

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Format: e-book

Synopsis:
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all. (Goodreads synopsis)
Review:
I was not sure what to expect going into this. I absolutely love Jenny's summer series and I own all 3 books in the trilogy. I have been waiting for this to come out for soo long and I'm glad to have finally read it. Although I prefer the summer series to this, I still really enjoyed it and I would re-read it. This is one of those summer reads, cute and light leaving you with a cheesy grin on your face. This book was a lot different to Jenny's summer series so I could hardly compare it, they are each to their own. To all the boy I've loved before was a sweet and compelling read of a girl finding love where she least expects it.  The book ends in a letter which doesn't really leave you with a conclusion so I can't wait to read the sequel but OMG do I really have to wait til 2015 :O

Overall:I Highly enjoyed this and if you have enjoyed jenny's work in the past you will definitely love this and if you haven't read her work then you will still love it if you like contemporary romance. I am going to have to buy a physical copy :)

Cover art: 5
Plot: 4
Characters:4

Writing:4
Level of interest:5
Total rating:4
 
Happy Reading everyone, hope y'all are having a fab week :)
ps: so sorry about how absent I have been, have been really busy with assessments :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back! Have a fabulous day! :)